1. Route card
- Route title must reflect the specifics of the route and contain 2 or more words
- Cover photo must be a landscape orientation with a resolution of at least 828 on the wide side without any inscriptions
- Description of the route shall briefly and interestingly tell about the main places and important features of the route. The optimal description size is 300-400 characters. The description text should not contain links and photos
- Tags. Use 2-5 relevant tags from different categories. By them, users will be able to identify and find your route
* This information is displayed to users when previewing the route in the directory and affects the decision to purchase and download.
2. Objects (bookmarks)
- Object photo – add a photo for each point in front of the text of its description. Choose landscape orientation photographs with a resolution of at least 828 on the wide side
- Object description – tell the most interesting thing that you know about the object. The information should be relevant and engaging. Description text must be at least 150 characters with no links
- When adding translations to other languages, check their availability in the descriptions and names of the route and each object.
- Minimum number of points: 10 – for routes with a track, 20 – without a track.
- Use the recommended icon styles to designate points from different categories.
* Do not forget that the route author is responsible for all photos and descriptions in the guides
- Track name – mainly coincides with the name of the route and should be translated into all languages of the route.
- Track construction – try to track as close to the real route as possible
- Real walking routes can be downloaded directly from KML/KMZ files through the MAPS.ME application and then opened in web-editor.
- A route should not contain more than 1 track!
- Do not leave “tails”. The track should begin and end at points.
Guides design style
A route with track
- Track color – red
- Bookmarks color – red
- Bookmark icon – star
Guide without track
Color and icon depend on the type of object.