Start working right in the web-editor https://routes.maps.me
Creating a new route
Enter the name of the route in the appropriate field, then click on the check mark in the right corner to save it
- Choose relevant tags for the route. Choose maximum 5 categories
- Indicate the status – "Traveller" or "Local"
- Click on "Add description" and in the field that appears, describe the features of the route
- Add a cover photo for the route in the bottom corner. Choose landscape orientation photographs with a resolution of at least 828px on the wide side
Adding bookmarks to the map
- The tool for adding bookmarks is in the upper right corner.
- Also, bookmarks can be added by searching by name in the upper left corner of the editor.
- After filling out the name and description of the object, select the appropriate style for its display on the map from color combinations and icons.
- The list of added objects is in the lower left corner in the "Bookmarks" section.
Adding other languages
- Select "Add language" in the route/object card and the desired language
- Fill in all text fields in the name, description of the route, track and objects in the new language by selecting the tab with its designation
- Filling out the "Route name" in the new language, do not forget to save it by clicking on the check mark
- If there is no translation in at least one description, the route will not be displayed in this language
Adding a route track
- To add a route line, use the Line tool from the upper right corner
- To end the route, double-click on the last point. In the window that appears, add the name of the track and select the line color
- The route can be edited after completion by moving the ends of the segments (white squares) closer to the points. However, you will no longer be able to add additional steps to the track
- You can change the style or delete the track in the "Routes" section in the left corner
Saving and publication of a route
- Select "Save" in the upper right corner. Copy and save the shareable link
- A route cannot be saved if you didn’t fill the name or selected any tag
- Now open the link to your route in the MAPS.ME application. To do this, just follow it on the phone with the application installed and evaluate the final view of the route, if necessary, correct the flaws in the web editor and save the changes.
- Select "Publish route" in the upper left corner if you want to make it visible to everyone in the catalogue.
Note: if you logged out of the web editor when editing the route, or you want to use another browser, you can continue editing the route later.
To do this, copy the URL from the browser address bar, change the word "view" in the URL to "edit" and sign in the web editor with the same account you used to create the route.