In most cases the issue is related with downloaded maps. You can delete downloaded maps and re-download them. In addition, please make sure, that you have enough free space on your device to store downloaded maps.
If you’re not able to open the app, you can reinstall it:
- Backup your bookmarks first. Copy all .kml files (for example, My places.kml) from MapsWithMe folder (it’s stored in the root of the internal storage of your device), you can use any file manager for it
- Delete the app itself and MapsWithMe folder from the internal storage
- Restart your device and reinstall the app.
If you store your maps on an SD card, the most likely cause is a faulty SD-card. You can format your SD card, or better yet replace it with a new one. If you moved the app itself to SD card, please move it back to the internal (device) storage.
Community tip! How to fix apps crashing at launch in Android 6.0 (for Mediatek Phones).
If you have Meizu M5 or M5 Note phone and experience crashes with the app, please download the beta version via the direct link.
- Backup your bookmarks first. Connect your device to a computer via iTunes, select your device, then Apps – scroll down the page, select MAPS.ME and copy all .kml files (for example, My places.kml) from Documents section. Then you can disconnect your device from iTunes
- Delete the app, restart your device and reinstall it again from App Store.
If you can’t use iTunes, you can restore bookmarks later from system backup.
If problem continues, please contact us and give us:
- short description of the issue
- MAPS.ME version
- device model and OS version (Android or iOS).