Routes created by MAPS.ME are not necessarily the best possible ones. However, when you leave the route, the app will suggest you a new one (it may take some time before a route will be recalculated). You can also use intermediate stops to adjust the created route.
Don’t forget to take the following things into account when driving:
- Road conditions, traffic laws and road signs always take priority over the navigation hints;
- The map might be inaccurate and the suggested route might not always be the most optimal way to reach the destination;
- Suggested routes should only be understood as recommendations;
- Exercise caution with routes in border zones: the routes created by the app may sometimes cross country borders in unauthorised places;
- Please stay alert and safe on the roads. Rely on yourself above any software.
To report issues with suboptimal routes, please open MAPS.ME settings → Help → Feedback → Report a bug. Send us an email with decimal coordinates* of start and end points of your route or coordinates of a place where you have the issue.
*To see and copy coordinates, tap start or end point on the map, expand the white banner, tap and hold coordinates to copy (to change DMS format to decimal, tap coordinates once).
See also: I can't create a route due to the app error.