We use different colors to indicate various roads.
Motorways can be classified and marked in:
- Deep orange – for major highways (normally with 2 or more running lanes, equivalent to freeway, Autobahn, etc.), for example, The Parkway on the screenshot below.
Orange – for primary roads (the next most important roads), for example, Weston Mill Drive.
Continuous white line – for all the other minor roads (the larger ones stand out with a slightly brighter color, smaller ones are a thin solid line), for example, Tamar Way.
Other roads on the map:
- White dotted line – pedestrian lanes
- Pink thin solid line – bike lanes
- Brown dotted line – dirt roads
- Grey dotted line – roads under construction
As we take the map data from OpenStreetMap open source project, you can always see an extended information about the place directly on their website. Just find the place you are interested in at OSM.org → tap the question mark located on the tool bar on the right side of the screen → tap the place to see more detailed information.
For example, you can see an extended information about Kennington Road as shown below.