If bookmarks or maps have disappeared:
- Bookmarks could be hidden from the map. Tap the double star symbol on the main panel to open bookmarks menu. Here you can see lists with bookmarks. Tap the empty checkbox in front of the list to display it on the map or tap Show All button to display all lists on the map;
- Please check if the bookmarks or maps are in the app folder.
You can restore bookmarks:
To prevent deletion of the app files:
- Backup bookmarks before you reinstall the app, install a system update or reset your device to factory settings.
- Add MAPS.ME and its files to the exception list if you use cleaner apps or system managers (you can check how to do this in the instruction manual for your device);
- If the app was installed or moved to SD, please move it back to the internal storage.* You can transfer downloaded maps to SD via MAPS.ME settings;
- If you store downloaded maps on SD card, they may disappear due to a faulty SD card. You can format SD card, or better replace it with a new one.
Note: on some Android devices (Huawei and others) the app can be installed to the SD by default. If you remove the SD card, downloaded maps and bookmarks will remain on the SD and they will not be available in the app.
When you insert the SD card back, it requires to change default location back to SD (Android settings → Storage → Default location → SD card) to have access to the app data on the SD.